Pink on . . .


BEING A ROCK STAR AND SOON-TO-BE MOTHER:
"As soon as the baby can say 'mama,' I'm going on the road. We are going to be a traveling family gypsy band with garlands in our hair."

RELEASING HER GREATEST HITS ALBUM:
I definitely had mixed feelings. (Laughs.) You know what? I'm happier now than I was when it was first being talked about. I had been putting it off for years, although that sounds pretty funny. I don't feel old enough, I guess. . . At the end of the day, when I get out of my own way, which is what I had to do, it's something to really be proud of, because when I was a little girl, all I wanted to do was make one hit record. To be able to put out an album full of them is pretty damn special."

HEIGHTENED ACCLAIM OVER THE PAST YEAR:
"I've been busting my (butt) in Europe and Australia and pretty much everywhere else outside of this country for 10 years playing stadiums and arenas ... and then you come here and play clubs, which is kinda rad because I live here and I like being left alone. But also to constantly still be hearing people go, "Wow, she can really sing." ... I don't know, it's a constant battle, but it keeps me motivated, and the Grammys was that moment where I felt like finally I had been given my due a little bit."

WANTING TO MAKE A NON-RADIO FRIENDLY ALBUM:
"Well, I always joke that my favorite artist from the '60s and '70s would have never gotten radio play today, Janis Joplin. You would have never heard probably 'Summertime' on the radio. If it's not 3 1/2 minutes long, it ain't getting played. So when I say (non-)radio friendly, I'm just being vague. I wanna go and just write. I want do to my acoustic rock 'n' roll record, which I always wanted to do since I was a little girl. ... I wanna go to Nashville, I want to go to New York, I want to go all over the place, actually write songs, get a body of work together, and then get musicians together and then record a record like they did in the old days."

[source]