Cory Monteith on . . .


HOSTING SATURDAY'S GEMINI AWARDS FROM TORONTO:
“It’s my maiden voyage on the sailing ship of hosting. I couldn’t be more excited and it’s such an honour. I’m tickled pink.”

BRINGING CANADA TO THE 'GLEE' SET:
“There’s a lot of Canadiana that people miss, so I am the proud token Canadian on our show, and I relate to everyone how awesome our country is. There are lots of moments like that on set. I mean generally when I talk about hockey, or when I talk about being a (Vancouver) Canucks fan or whatever, people are like the who? The what? The Canucks, what is that? Is that soccer?”

CANADIAN TV:
“I think some of the CBC shows and Flashpoint (on CTV) for example, (shows with) a joint production deal with an American network have been doing well, but generally most people are unaware of Canadian programming in the U.S. and one of the strongest allies that Canadian television can have is the United States … but it’s great to bring our best offerings to the world, really, not just to the U.S., but to a broader market, and have people know more about Canadian talent overall.”

[source]