Mia Michaels out, Mary Murphy in


After just one season as a permanent judge of So You Think You Can Dance, Mia Michaels admits she wasn't comfortable in the role, and won't return in said role.

"Last year when I was sitting on the [judges] panel, I knew it wasn't the right fit because I felt too glossy sitting on the panel," she tells E!Online. "People were so focused on what I wore and my hair. I wanted to get dirty and back to the work. I am an artist and I'm a visionary. I need to paint my world now and not be constantly linked to So You think You Can Dance."

Michaels says it was her decision to leave the show.

She also says Mary Murphy, who sat out last season, may be back as a permanent judge this year.

"I heard they're bringing Mary Murphy back and I'm really happy for her," Michaels says. "I've sat in that chair, but I feel like that was Mary's chair."

Did she just call Mary Murphy glossy?

Fair.

For what it's worth, I actually liked Mia's honest and critical judging. I did, however, miss Mary Murphy's hot tamale train a lot.

Just please god tell me Adam Shankman won't return as a judge either.