I skipped Halloween in favour of Christmas


It's no secret that Halloween isn't my favourite "holiday." This year I mostly skipped the festivities, save for watching Scream in the comfort of my living room Saturday night.

I'm much more into Christmas, and will admit right now that I've been listening to Mariah Carey's All I Want For Christmas Is You for the past two weeks.

It was mostly accidental. I don't normally kick into Christmas gear until mid-November.

But you see, a couple weeks ago I decided to give Mariah's new Christmas single Oh Santa a spin. "It's alright," I thought to myself, "But it's no All I Want For Christmas Is You."

This naturally led me to YouTube to listen to Carey's 1994 classic, above, and I haven't been able to quit it since.

Jackie scolded me last week, saying I couldn't listen to the song until November. Well thankfully November's here now, Starbucks has started offering its holiday drinks, and I'm going to continue listening to Mariah sing about what she wants for Christmas (me).

If you're interested in new Mariah Christmas fare, her new album Merry Christmas II You is out today.