What's next for Brothers & Sisters' Scotty and Kevin?


Everyone's favourite Brothers & Sisters married couple Scotty and Kevin have kind of been on the backburner since the new season started.

But executive producer David Marshall Grant promises big things for the couple as the season progresses, though some fans (read: me) may be a little worried with the upcoming storyline that's been revealed.

[Spoiler Alert, Janice Wong!]



It seems Scotty (Luke Macfarlane) will be cheating on Kevin (Matthew Rhys) with a character named Marcus, played by Broadway star Christopher J. Hanke.

I am not amused. But if this means we'll get to see Luke Macfarlane do more than just carry a cake in to the Walker family dinner, perhaps I'll allow it.

"Scotty and Kevin are the most beloved couple on the show by all the writers, by the characters, by our fans," Grant tells Zap2it. "And I think they are an amazing couple and I think that we want to find exciting and great things for them that are dramatic and are going to be able to see their relationship in all its complexity. So I think it will be great."

Grant is mum on the details of the season's storyline for the couple, but says he's committed to depicting a realistic relationship between the two men.

"So, I feel like my responsibility to Kevin and Scotty is the same responsibility I feel in many ways to all characters," he says. "And I think that is the most important thing I can do for a gay couple on television is to make the world see that they are us, all of us, gay and straight, they are human beings first."

Fine. But let me just say, I like Scotty and Kevin best when they're together and happy, especially since they're a functional gay couple, and the most functional couple on this show.

So please don't go killing either one of them in a massive season finale car crash.