New Nelly Furtado is coming


Four years after the release of Nelly Furtado's last English-language album Loose, the Canadian songstress says she's busy prepping the 2011 release of her next full-length called Lifestyle.

"I'm a little bit picky, so I'm kind of going through all kinds of material," Furtado says. "There's new material I'm writing and old material that's...very good and hasn't been re-approached. For me it's about sharing moments of my songs with fans, so whatever are the best moments will end up on the album, I guess."

Lifestyle was originally slated for a summer release. Now, three of songs originally intended for the album will appear on Furtado's 'Best of' release, dropping November 15.

Furtado says to expect some diverse influences when Lifestyle is released next year.

"I think that from singing the Spanish album I've learned a new confidence as a vocalist," she says. "And I think there's a little bit more of an alternative influence on this new album, kind of how my first album was definitely inspired and partially influenced by 'alternative' music. I've been listening to a lot of new music, everything from Janelle Monae, the xx, Florence and the Machine. It's definitely inspired by a lot of the new music that's coming out right now."

In the meantime, check out an acoustic live version of Nelly's new single Night Is Young here.