On the cover: Emma Stone


Emma Stone's a knockout on the October 2010 cover of Nylon Magazine.

The 21-year-old Easy A star tells the mag she credits her parents for her grounded attitude, after moving to L.A. at a young age.

"I've become more appreciative as I get older that they said it was OK, and they didn't let me become some crazy, emancipated nutter," she says. "I think my ultimate goal at the end of the day is to make my parents laugh. Maybe that is what this is all about: a roundabout way of trying to entertain my parents, just like I did in the living room when I was a kid."

As the actress gains more exposure, she's also found herself on a "Sexiest Women" list or two, which she finds outlandish.

"That's just ridiculous," she says. "All my friends and family are like, 'That is the funniest thing I have ever seen.'"

I love a girl with her head on her shoulders and a sense of humour.

More photos at Nylon's website.