On the cover: Anne Hathaway for Vogue


Anne Hathaway is a breath of fresh air on the November 2010 cover of Vogue.

Photographed by Mario Testino, the 27-year-old actress is wearing a burgundy Oscar de la Renta gown.

Howard Jamieson soured me against Hathaway long ago, with her distaste for the actress.

But there's no denying Hathaway looks gorgeous on this cover. She actually reminds me of Belle from Beauty and the Beast (and I love love love that movie).

Hathaway next appears alongside Jake Gyllenhaal in the romantic drama Love And Other Drugs, and she tells the mag we'll be seeing a lot of her and Jakey Poo.

“This movie certainly has a lot of nerve . . . Oy. I hope that audiences are OK with all the nerve. These are people who have no trouble taking their clothes off – in a way, their bodies are their currency . . . but they’re terrified of exposing their vulnerability, of becoming emotionally naked.”

I'll take it!

Click inside for more photos from the Vogue shoot.