Who chose this cover? (Part One)


Is someone at InStyle Magazine angry at Tina Fey?

The 30 Rock star and writer takes the mag's April 2011 cover, and while you all know I love Ms. Fey, I find this cover photo completely unflattering.

The hair's a mess, that outfit looks positively two-dimensional, and I'm quite certain that isn't even her face. Oh, and what's the purpose of that white pole?

What makes the choice more offensive is that the photo inside the mag's pages paints Tina in a much more glamourous light. Glamour -- something InStyle might want to try selling with its cover photo.

Sigh.

Speaking of her own style, Fey admits her TV character outdresses her.

“It’s ironic that Liz Lemon is supposed to look kind of bedraggled,” she tells the mag. “She looks way more pulled together than I would if I were going to write for the show. I wouldn’t wear a blazer—I’d wear a sweat jacket.”

I'd like to believe both Tina and Liz would be able to find humour at the ridiculousness of this InStyle cover.

Right? Right?!