Get your Shamrock Shakes at McDonald's!


Well folks, it's St. Patrick's Day.

And while I can't tell you who St. Patrick is, or why we celebrate him, I can tell you that Shamrock Shakes are back at McDonald's!

Up until now the Shamrock Shake has been but a mythical object in my life, whose existence I only knew due to the tales of my parents and grandparents.

According to this story, the green mint-flavoured milkshake was first introduced for St. Patrick's Day in 1970, and made a brief reappearance in Canada in 2008 after a five year absence.

McDonald's quietly reintroduced the shake last month, and will serve it until April 4.

I had my first one yesterday. And while it didn't quite elicit the same excitement as the Creme Egg McFlurry I rediscovered in London last year, I will never turn down a seasonal treat from McDonald's.

As the commercial above points out, they're "So rich, so minty, so green!"

Click inside for another great retro Shamrock Shake commercial, with appearances by Ronald McDonaldand Grimace.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!