Drake on . . .


BEING ASKED TO HOST TOMORROW NIGHT'S JUNO AWARDS BROADCAST:
“I remember when I was approached to do it, and I started asking myself, what records are we breaking here? If I actually do this, what does it mean to be the youngest host of the Junos ever, forty Juno Awards, to be the youngest is incredible, to be a hip hop artist and hosting the Junos is also incredible.”

THE IMPORTANCE OF THE JUNOS:
“I’m a very proud Canadian and to me, this award show means more than any other award show. It’s a very important night for me . . . You’ve got all these people, you’ve got legends, you’ve got artists and I think it is very important for not only people on the outside of this country, but for Canadians to realize how well Canadians are doing.”

BEING A CANADIAN HIP HOP ARTIST:
“To be at the forefront of all Canadian hip hop is truly an honour. You know it’s an honour to go sell a million records in the U.S. because when I do it, I’m doing it for my country. I’m not just thinking about myself I’m thinking about how everyone back home can be proud."

--

Video interview with Drake talking about the Junos here.

The Junos air tomorrow night at 8 p.m. on CTV.