Celebs I follow on Twitter


Much fuss was made recently about a former sitcom star's quick rise to one million followers upon joining Twitter in the middle of a scandal-filled media tour.

And while I choose not to laugh along as he self destructs in the public eye, it got me thinking about the celebrities I do follow on Twitter who fill my life with random thoughts, bits of joy, and the occasional Twitpic.

As such, I decided to compose a list to share with you, the people. If you're not on Twitter yet, maybe this will help convince you that you should be.

The list is not nearly exhaustive, so let me know if you think there's someone I simply must include, and I'll update it under the "Celebs on Twitter" tab, above.

Try to keep your suggestions quality though. I recently followed and unfollowed Star Jones in less than a week. Like The View, I discovered Twitter is better without her.

Beverly Hills 90210 cast - Jason Priestley, Jennie Garth, Shannen Doherty, Tori Spelling, Gabrielle Carteris

Boy Meets World cast - Ben Savage, Rider Strong, Danielle Fishel

Comedians I love - Kathy Griffin, Margaret Cho, Sarah Silverman, Chelsea Handler

Cougar Town cast - Busy Phillips, Christa Miller, Josh Hopkins, creator Bill Lawrence, plus the writer's room.

Diane Keaton - Is she took classy for Twitter?

Full House cast - John Stamos, Bob Saget, Dave Coulier, Candace Cameron-Bure, Jodie Sweetin, Andrea Barber, Scott Weinger

Hot dudes - Kellan Lutz, Channing Tatum, Matt Lanter

Hot Canadian dudes - Nathan Fillion, Allan Hawco, Dave Salmoni

James Franco - more entertaining on Twitter than as Oscar host.

Joan Rivers - is probably one of the funniest people I follow on Twitter. I retweet that bitch all the time.

Julia Roberts - She hasn't tweeted at all, but when she does, I'll be ready.

The ladies of The View - I follow Joy Behar and Sherri Shepherd. I don't follow Elisabeth Hasselbeck and Barbara Walters. Whoopi's too cool for social media. Former cohost Lisa Ling is on here too, and is probably the smartest of them all.

Lani Billard - If this Twitter acount is to be believed, the former Ready or Not star recently shot a part in a Sarah Polley movie. She doesn't tweet often, but when does, I'll be ready.

Marilyn Denis - if hearing her on the radio and watching her on TV isn't enough.

Modern Family cast - Sofia Vergara, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Eric Stonestreet, Sarah Hyland, Nolan Gould, Ariel Winter, Rico Rodriguez

My music goddesses - Alanis Morissette and Kelly Clarkson. Also Adele, Macy Gray, Pink.

The O.C. parents - Melinda Clarke, Peter Gallagher

Parks and Recreation cast - Aziz Ansari, Chris Pratt, my future husband Adam Scott, Rob Lowe, official show account

Rosie O'Donnell - finally gave in and joined Twitter, and I'm so glad she did.

Ryan Gosling - has taken to Twitter to share photos and videos he's worked on in the past little while. He's also chosen to follow outisthrough's Montreal correspondent Jackie!

Saved by the Bell cast - Mark-Paul Gosselaar, Elizabeth Berkeley, Tiffani Thiessen. Mario Lopez is on Twitter too, though I don't follow. And perhaps most exciting: Dennis Haskins' handle is @mrbelding.

So You Think You Can Dance personalities - Cat Deeley, Nigel Lythgoe, Mary Murphy, Mia Michaels, Tabitha & Napoleon. I once followed Adam Shankman, but found he abuses Twitter.

Turk and J.D. - Zach Braff and Donald Faison.