Much better, Entertainment Weekly


Last week I gave Entertainment Weekly hell for needlessly featuring the cast of Lost on its cover less than a year after the show had gone off the air.

But this week the mag has redeemed itself in my eyes, by featuring Castle star Nathan Fillion on its cover.

The 40-year-old good-natured Edmonton-born actor has been working hard for years, earning the title 'Geek God' for his roles on the short-lived Joss Whedon show Firefly, and the online-only Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog.

Now his hard work has turned into ratings -- and a series that's lasted multiple seasons! -- as he portrays the title character on ABC's Castle.

But Fillion tells EW his fans aren't the only ones engaged by the projects he chooses.

"I have been very fortunate in my career to have a long streek of projects where I'm thrilled to be part of them," he says. "Everything I’ve done I’ve done with an excitement of ‘I can’t wait to do this!'"

Swoon!

What a man that Nathan Fillion. What a man.