On the cover: Matthew McConaughey for Esquire


Matthew McConaughey is fully clothed, and yet still strikingly handsome, on the April 2011 cover of Esquire.

Donning a Dolce & Gabbana suit for the cover, the 41-year-old Lincoln Lawyer star tells the mag we only know a part of the true Matthew McConaughey.

“Do I think the image of me is a true picture of who I am? No, it’s incomplete,” he says. “But things about me that are out there — I’m not going to say they’re false. Am I a fun-loving guy, man? Who likes running around in the summer with his shirt off, man? Am I a guy who likes to hang out with his friends, and party and go to concerts and football games with his friends? Well, yeah! Yes, I am. Always have been. Always hopefully will be. You know?”

I do know, Matthew. And I’m glad you’ve let us experience at least a part of the real you. Specifically the running around without your shirt on part. That part’s great.

More photos from Mr. McConaughey’s Esquire shoot inside, and check out the mag’s website for more of his cover story.