You win, Degrassi


Last night the summer season of Degrassi came to a close on MuchMusic.

And while the finale was slightly underwhelming in the drama department (I blame the overhyped promos), I must say the four-days-a-week format the series tried out this summer totally worked for me.

Seriously, it got me back interested in this show, after I had quit watching years ago.

I'm not sure if we have the storylines to thank, or just the fact that it was always on, so it made sense to watch.

Probably didn't hurt that there were two queer storylines, with the show's first trans character, and Riley the football star finally, finally, finally FINALLY coming out.

But I daresay with no sign of the original "Next Generation" left, Degrassi has successfully reinvented itself once again without resorting to some of the outlandish storylines it has in the past.

What I'm saying is I actually like some of these characters and want to watch what happens to them!

Lucky for me, Degrassi will return in a few weeks back to its weekly format (ch-check out the preview above). If it captures some of the magic of the summer season, I may just have to keep watching.