7 thoughts from Sweet Thing's album release show


photo via Sweet Thing's website

Last night I went to check out Toronto-based pop band Sweet Thing at the Mod Club, for their album release show.

I had never heard of them, but a friend of mine wanted to go, so I got right on top of winning us some free tickets.

Here's what I thought about the show as it happened. It's all pretty superficial. That's just who I am.

1. Wow, it's packed in here. Way more people than the last random show I saw at Mod Club.

2. This music isn't half bad. But I kind of feel like they should be on that MuchMusic show disBAND. Except that they're older than 16.

3. I'd really like to style some of these band members. There is no cohesion to their look. And why are two members wearing neon skinny jeans? Is that ever allowed? I like the lumberjack's look. But again, how does he fit with these other guys? And does this style reflect their music? What kind of music is this? I'm so confused.

4. I'm not sure about the lead singer's vest, but he sure has a flare for theatrics. Entertaining. Oh good, there goes the vest. Okay yeah, I probably would.

5. I hope I win this contest so I can see Brandon Flowers here next week.

6. Mod Club sure knows how to take advantage of that bubble machine. This song was a snoozer until I got distracted by the bubbles falling into the crowd.

7. Oh hey, I listened to this song on YouTube earlier! I like it.

Ch-check out Sweet Thing's website and MySpace to hear them for yourself.

And if you like 'em, pick up their new self-titled album.