On the cover: True Blood cast


Holy mother of fuck. True Blood stars Alexander Skarsgard, Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer take it aaaaalll off for the cover of Rolling Stone's September 2, 2010 issue.

They also appear to have splish-splashed in some blood before the shoot.

The cover story gets to the bottom of why vampires are so sexy, through interviews with the cast and show creator Alan Ball.

"To me, vampires are sex," Ball says. "I don't get a vampire story about abstinence. I'm 53. I don't care about high school students. I find them irritating and uninformed."

Take that, Twilight!

Series star Stephen Moyer reiterates the notion that vampires and sex go hand in hand. Or fangs in neck, rather.

"If we go from a base level, vampires create a hole in the neck where there wasn't one before. It's a de-virginization — breaking the hymen, creating blood and then drinking the virginal blood. And there's something sharp, the fang, which is probing and penetrating and moving into it. So that's pretty sexy. I think that makes vampires attractive."

Yowza!

For more of the cover story click here, or pick up the issue when it hits stands Friday.