Kathy Griffin and Kristin Chenoweth: Emmy-losing dates


Kathy Griffin and Kristin Chenoweth served as each other's dates to last night's Creative Arts Emmy Awards, where they consoled each other over Twitter after losing their respective categories.

The duo was all smiles as Kathy tweeted the above left photo from the limo, writing "We have a Hollywood couple name . . . CHENOFFIN!"

Once the award show began, however, it took some extra effort to keep their spirits up.

First, Chenoweth lost her category -- Guest Actress in a Comedy for Glee -- to Betty White.

"Classy chick! @KChenoweth was in same category as Betty White. Ok, she kind of didn't win, but is sticking around 4 my category," Griffin tweeted.

Sadly, the bad news kept coming as Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List lost Outstanding Reality Show to Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution -- a series produced by Griffin's nemesis Ryan Seacrest.

"I lost. But wait, I didn't just LOSE, I lost to Ryan fucking Seacrest," Griffin tweeted.

"Call the paramedics. I'm putting myself on a 5150 psych hold (a la Britney) 72 hours in a padded cell, far, far away from @Ryanseacrest," she added later.

Chenoweth echoed Griffin's disappointment.

"Kathy lost to a food show! I don't like it! Not one bit!" she tweeted.

Chenoffin ended the night by tweeting the above left photo with the caption "Ok, I admit, we're not taking it very well...remember, it's an honor 2 b nominated."

Though I wish she'd won, I must admit Kathy Griffin losing an Emmy is almost as fun as her winning one!

Better luck next year, ladies!