2010 in review: top songs (1 - 10)


"There's love, there's hope for us and there's beauty in the world."

Here they are, my friends!

My top 10 songs of 2010.

I played them on repeat, sang them in the shower, and danced to them non-stop.

And still I'm not sick of 'em!

Each of these songs reminds me of a particular event, person or moment in time of significance in 2010.

And as they inevitably continue to populate my iPod playlists, they'll still remind me of the great year that's now gone by.

Shake your booties boys and girls for the beauty in the world.

Happy 2011!

1. Beauty in the World, Macy Gray
A simple catchy song with a lovely message, Beauty in the World became my anthem for 2010 and beyond.

2. Love the Way You Lie, Eminem f/ Rihanna
"Oh my god, I simply cannot get enough of Eminem and Rihanna's new single Love The Way You Lie. Seriously though, is it not the most brilliant collab? Of course we need Eminem and Rihanna singing together about an abusive relationship."

3. Dog Days Are Over, Florence + the Machine
Yes, I discovered this song with the rest of the latecomers, when it was featured in the trailer for Eat Pray Love, but it was Flo's performance at the VMAs that really blew me away. The dog days may be over, but this is just the beginning for Florence Welch.

4. Dynamite, Taio Cruz
Dynamite proved to be the best way to start a dance party! At a wedding, at a housewarming party, on an average Tuesday night. Throw your hands up in the air, and it's on!

5. Raise Your Glass, Pink
The song's a balls-out anthem for underdogs and freaks, and has a sense of humour about itself. I just love love love it!


6. Whataya Want From Me, Adam Lambert
I didn't quite realize I was an Adam Lambert fan until we made eye contact for a split second at the VMAs. After that, I gave Glambert a chance and realized Whataya Want From Me is a really catchy song!

7. Bad Romance, Lady Gaga
She may have released Telephone and Alejandro in 2010, but I'm still hooked on Bad Romance.

8. Carry Out, Timbaland f/ Justin Timberlake
Justin Timberlake still refuses to release his own full-length, but at least he collaborates on some stellar tracks like this one. Also, my favourite lyric of the year may be "Is it full of myself to want you full of me?"

9. Waka Waka, Shakira
"After watching the video a couple times we were compelled to get off the couch and learn the dance ourselves. And let me tell you, we are great at it! It only took two attempts for us to perfect it. No big deal, but y'know, pretty big deal."

10. Fuck You, Cee Lo Green
This is hands down the best song to sing in the shower. I also love that my dear friend Linda played it at her wedding reception in October.