Sighting!


Yesterday morning Jackie read a tweet that revealed the Toronto Maple Leafs would be practicing at Trinity-Bellwoods Park.

We're both huge hockey fans, so we didn't need anymore information. We mobilized.

"I don't even know any players by name," I said on the way.

"All I know is Phaneuf," Jackie responded.

We arrived to discover the Leafs were on hand to help christen a new outdoor ice rink at the park.

Then we stood among the crowd, and watched as the Leafs practiced.

This involved skating around the ice, passing and subsequently shooting the puck.

At one point Phaneuf was mere feet away. We knew this, because his back was to us, and his name was on the back of his jersey.

It was, in a word, thrilling.

Toronto's new mayor Rob Ford was on-hand to speak, and upon his introduction a group of 10-year-olds booed.

"I can't stand that guy," one of them said upon completion of his speech.

"I love that kid," I responded.

It was hard to tear ourselves away from the rink while the Leafs were still playing, but both Jackie and I had Christmas shopping to complete.

"Hopefully my brother can identify some of the players in these shots," I said.

Can any of you help?!