2010 in review: Sightings!


Recognize any of the people in the above collage?

If not, you should be ashamed of yourself because someone did!

I didn't realize how many truly exciting celebrity sightings y'all had sent me over the past year, until I hit up my archive and checked.

From a food court encounter with a Canadian comedian, to an almost-sighting of a Twilight star you really impressed me with your eagle eyes and super-sleuthing talents.

Here's eight of the year's best celebrity encounters on outisthrough.com!


1. Gerry Dee in Toronto
spotted by Neil

"He ended up buying some food from Jimmy the Greek immediately after me. Once we finished our meal I finally gathered up enough confidence to approach him and ask if he had taken part in any commercials. He then replied 'Yes I have!', which then my response was 'Nice! I like them, I think they're funny!' and as I ran away he quickly replied 'Thanks a lot buddy!'

2. Kristen Stewart in Montreal
almost spotted by Janice Wong and Jackie

"Janice Wong elaborates via text message: 'KRISTEN STEWART WAS IN MY BUILDING! MY CO WORKERS SHARED AN ELEVATOR WITH HER. i was going to run out looking for her but she left in a van. omg.'"

And don't miss Jackie and Janice's followup investigation to uncover what Kristen Stewart was doing in their building!

3. The back of Minnie Driver's head in Toronto
spotted by Vijaya

"Thanks to Vijaya for sending in this great photo of the back of Minnie Driver's head as she exited the Intercontinental Hotel on Bloor St. in Toronto earlier this week. Driver was in town for the TIFF premiere of her film Conviction on Monday."

4. Ryan Reynolds, Sarah Silverman and MIGUEL in Toronto
spotted by me and Jackie

"Jackie and I made our now-annual pilgrimage to the InStyle Magazine-Hollywood Foreign Press TIFF party last night. Ryan Reynolds was an arms-length away. We could've touched him. Instead I muttered 'You are . . . gorgeous.'"

5. Drake in Toronto
spotted by Kim

"Kim texted me last night to let me know she spotted Drake and entourage roll into Italian restaurant Sotto Sotto in Toronto's Yorkville Saturday night. 'I'm not sure I would've recognized him if the host hadn't told me who he was!' Kim says."

6. Merle Dandridge in Toronto
spotted by me and Renee

"Merle Dandridge played Joanne in the touring production of Rent, and Renee and I think she's so great that we made a Facebook group dedicated to her. She was coincidentally the first one out to sign autographs and take photos. Dream come true!!!"

7. Scott Speedman in Montreal
spotted by Janice Wong

"He looked like any regular guy . . . wearing cheap Panasonic headphones," she tells me. "But I gave a goofy look of recognition as we passed."

8. Nigel Barker in New York City
spotted by Jasmin

"I thought that it was weird a man in his late 30s/early 40s would be flicking through the pages of Seventeen. I looked a little closer and I'm fairly certain that man was Nigel Barker, you know the judge from ANTM and the guy who shoots the photos for the Seventeen cover shoot the winners of ANTM get as part of their package of prizes. He was wearing running shorts cause I guess he was running."

---

For more outisthrough.com sightings, click here.