On the cover: Amy Adams for Marie Claire


Amy Adams looks just plain gorgeous on the January 2011 cover of Marie Claire Magazine.

The red hair! Those piercing eyes! That ample cleavage!

The 36-year-old actress was just nominated for a Golden Globe for her role in the Fighter.

"What’s funny is that some people who’ve seen it have said, ‘Amy, you’re finally playing yourself!’" she tells the mag about the not-that-innocent role. "It’s not that she’s like me. It’s just that she’s less naive.”

Amy goes on to say she hopes she can continue to play complex real characters like those in the Fighter and On the Road.

“I’ve never really been too concerned with how I’ve looked on-screen," she says. "And I’ve never really played a stylish, modern, glamourous girl. But with these last two movies I’ve done, I was raw. I hope that’s the journey I’m on. It just feels more honest.”