Song of the moment: Magic


So about a month ago, my new roommate and I visited our new apartment to do some cleaning before our move-in.

She brought a radio so we could listen to pop music while we scrubbed the last tenant's grime.

I don't often listen to the radio. A song must be heavily promoted on the internet to hit my ears. So I discovered a number of new songs that day we cleaned our apartment, many of which went unidentified by name or artist.

There was this one song I was determined to find and download, however. All I could remember was the lyric "I got the music in me."

Googling this, of course, brought me countless results for the Kiki Dee song of the same name.

I googled and googled again, determined to find this new pop song that used a rather popular lyric from the past.

Then I gave up. Left it up to fate for me to hear this song again.

Which I did, last night, somewhere in between episodes of Degrassi and Gossip Girl on Much.

Seems I couldn't find the song because I had the lyrics wrong. Nobody's got the music in them, they've got the magic in them!

I really resent myself for getting sucked into another B.o.B. song.

First of all, his name is stupid. Am I supposed to call him "Bob" or actually spell it out "B-O-B"?

Secondly, I don't even like his rapping. You are no Eminem, Bobby Bob B-O-B.

Third, I can't decide which is worse: the lyrics to this song, or the music video.

But apparently none of that matters, because Bobby Bob B-O-B's songs always have the catchiest damn choruses that I just can't quit. Same thing happened to me with his song Airplanes, with that awful Hayley Williams from Paramore.

I'm indeed glad I finally identified the song I initially searched for almost a month ago. But maybe next time I should just stick with Kiki Dee to save face.