Keri Russell: Running Wilde in Esquire


Keri Russell's marking her return to TV with a sexy new photoshoot for Esquire Magazine!

The 34-year-old former Felicity star stripped down for Esquire's October issue, and spoke to the magazine about why she decided to return to TV in FOX's Will Arnett vehicle Running Wilde.

"Honestly, it's been a not great couple of years in film, and I haven't been totally inspired by them," she says. "I guess this particular project, it just seemed exciting to me. It's an unknown, and I think I was willing to bet on the unknown, even if it fails. At least it would be fun and invigorating instead of me playing another nice mom in some sappy movie."

[For the record, I just watched Waitress again on the weekend, and Keri is still ahmaaaaazing in it. But I'm certain that's not the movie role she's speaking of].

Russell also humbly describes how fans react upon recognizing her in public.

"People don't really care when they see me," she says. "But what I do get, which is sort of wonderful, is the best-friend thing. Like, 'Oh, my God, you're great. I'm so sorry to bother you.' Which is nice."

That's exactly why I'd want to meet Keri. After four seasons of Felicity, I really want her to be my best friend.

Click here to read Esquire's great little profile of Ms. Russell.

And click inside for one more photo from the mag's shoot!