On the cover: Madonna for Out


Vintage Madonna takes the April 2011 cover of Out Magazine, dubbed the 'Women We Love' issue.

Photographer Richard Corman released these photos to Out, which he shot in 1982 before Madonna released her first album.

Corman met Madonna through his mother, a casting director who suggest he meet the young material girl.

"I looked up the staircase, and I saw this girl leaning over the edge of the banister, and even from three stories below I could see these catlike eyes just looking down. I knew at that moment that she had something special -- I really did," he tells Out.

"She served me a cup of coffee on a silver tray with three pieces of Bazooka bubblegum. There was no pretense to it. When I came back a few days later to shoot her, she said, 'You know, we should go up to the roof because I go up there with all the kids from the building.' She was like the Pied Piper of the neighborhood -- they loved her."

More vintage Madonna after the jump, and over at Out.com.

And click here to ch-check out Britney's Out 'Women We Love' cover.