John Krasinski on . . .


WIFE EMILY BLUNT:
“I had always heard, ‘Never date an actress - it’s too competitive, too dramatic. But we’re so lucky to have each other. She understands the stress level involved, the amount of work. That’s completely priceless. For many reasons, Emily is perfect for me.”

STEVE CARELL'S 'OFFICE' DEPARTURE:
"It’s an insanely special relationship we have with each other on the show, and Steve’s leaving is the first time we’ve been snapped out of it and had to think about how much we all rely on each other. No one can replace him. That goes for him as an actor, because no one has the sense of humor he does, but also there’s no person who has his incredible positivity and professionalism, and just a really good heart. So we’re losing a friend first and foremost.”

PRE-FAME JOBS:
"I got fired from being a lunch-shift bartender because I had a reading of a play. I had covered my shift and everything--it wasn't me ripping off my apron and running out the door saying, 'I'll see you later, suckers!' I found a replacement, she came, and as I was leaving, the bar manager said, 'If you walk out that door, don't bother coming back.' I said, 'I won't.' And he said, 'It just doesn't seem that your heart's really in this.' I said, 'You mean being a lunch-time bartender? It's not.' And I walked out."

PREPARING TO PLAY JIM HALPERT:
"When I got the part, the first thing I did was get extremely nerdy and call the executive producer and say, 'I'm gonna drive to Scranton,' because I had never been. So a couple of friends and I went with a video camera, and those images are the opening to our show. [The producer] said, 'Oh, this is great. It looks just bad enough to work.' "

More interview at Parade.com, and behind-the-scenes video from the photoshoot inside.