Pink: Fuckin' Perfect music video


"Pretty pretty please, don't you ever ever feel like you're less than fuckin' perfect."

Pink has released the video for her new single Fuckin' Perfect, and boy does it ever resemble an intense four-minute episode of Degrassi.

In the clip, Tina Majorina (of Veronica Mars, Napoleon Dynamite and Corinna Corinna fame) plays a youth dealing with low self-esteem through drugs, eating disorders and cutting.

The video takes the song in a dark direction I hadn't previously envisioned when listening to it.

But Pink's positive message still shines through.

The singer took to her website upon the video's release yesterday to discuss its imagery, which will surely be deemed controversial.

“I don’t support or encourage suicide or cutting," she wrote. "I support the kids out there that feel so desperate/numb/powerless, that feel unseen and unheard, and can’t see another way.. I want them to know I’m aware. I have been there. I see them. Sometimes that’s all it takes.

"I have a life inside of me, and I want her or him to know that I will accept him or her with open and loving and welcoming arms," the recently-pregnant singer continued. "And though I will prepare this little munchkin for a sometimes cruel world, I will also equip this kid to see all the beauty in it as well."

God dammit, I love that woman.

Fuckin' Perfect is the second single off Pink's 'Greatest Hits . . . So Far" album.