Golden Globes 2011: Ricky Gervais' Monologue


Ricky Gervais didn't hold back as host of tonight's Golden Globe Awards.

In his opening monologue he took shots at Charlie Sheen, the Tourist, Sex and the City 2, Hugh Hefner and Lost.

My favourite of his zingers: "I Love You Phillip Morris stars Jim Carey and Ewan McGregor, two heterosexual actors pretending to be gay. So, the complete opposite of some famous scientologists. Probably. My lawyers helped me with the wording of that joke."

Later in the show he introduced Bruce Willis as "Ashton Kutcher's dad," which made me LOL.

And when he introduced Robert Downey Jr. he suggested rather than his films, you might know him from "such facilities as the Betty Ford Clinic and Los Angles County Jail."

RDJ didn't take too kindly to that intro, and got kind of pissy. Gervais then disappeared from the broadcast for about an hour. Hm . . .

You know I love comedy even more when it's scathing -- and true -- so I thought Gervais did a great job.

Ch-check out his monologue, above.