Golden Globes Fashion: the Inbetweeners


It took me quite a while to pick my favourite and not-so-favourite looks from last night's Golden Globes, because so many of the top stars donned looks that I just wasn't sure about.

The right dress in the wrong colour, a great gown with underwhelming hair. For whatever reason, a number of the stars had me almost loving their looks, but just falling short.

That includes a Mad woman, Black Swan beauty and Easy A actress.

How do you rate these looks?


1. Elisabeth Moss in Donna Karan
Elisabeth Moss is so close to a fashion win for me in this Donna Karan dress. The green gown looks absolutely gorgeous on the Mad Men star, I just wish she stepped up the hair and makeup a little bit to match. Love the earrings though.



2. Emma Stone in Calvin Klein
Emma Stone received many a fashion rave for her snug and sleek coral Calvin Klein dress. And while I agree the design and cut is young and sharp, the colour of her dress, her orange skin and blonde hair just wash together too much for me to love the look.



3. Anne Hathaway in Armani Prive
I'm glad Anne Hathaway chose not to wear a typical princess-style dress she might normally be drawn to. And the Golden Globes are an opportunity to wear something a little more bold, like this gold-sequined Armani Prive number with accented shoulders. So perhaps I'm just a little underwhelmed because I know how awesome Anne can look on the red carpet.



4. Natalie Portman in Viktor & Rolf
A visibly pregnant Natalie Portman stepped up the glamour in this Viktor & Rolf number for the Golden Globes, which I appreciated. And while I like the design of the dress, including that red rose in the middle, I'm not such a huge fan of its pale pink tone. Portman's hair and jewellery were on point for a classy affair, however.



5. Olivia Wilde in Marchesa
I love Olivia Wilde's brown Marchesa gown with gold sequins. But her limp hair and floppy bangs distract from what could be a truly breathtaking look.