On the cover: Kate Winslet for V


Kate Winslet channels Elizabeth Taylor for the September 2011 cover of V Magazine.

Mario Testino shot the 35-year-old British actress as one of her heroes for the special 'heroes' issue of the mag.

The cover story sees Ms. Winslet open up about early acting ambitions, nude scenes, and parenting. That includes this touching anecdote involving her seven-year-old son Joe.

"I like the diversity that my children are exposed to every day. I love the way their brains work. Joe turns to me the other day and says 'One day I will have a girlfriend or a boyfriend, darling. Which would you prefer?' And I said 'My love, that would be entirely up to you, and it doesn't make any difference to me.' But that he knows! It's a real privilege. Talk about the best education."

Aw, what a cute story! And what a great seven-year-old, calling his mom darling! Everything about this quote I love.More photos from the shoot inside.