2011 #GeminiAwards press room photos



Lloyd Braun prevented me from sharing a room with Jason Priestley last night.

You see, Peter Keleghan won the Best Actor in a Comedy Gemini for his work on 18 to Life, over Priestley for Call Me Fitz. This means Keleghan (who also appeared as Braun in an episode of Seinfeld back in the day), was the one to come backstage for photos and a Q&A, where I eagerly awaited Brandon Walsh.

That's okay though, I'm feeling pretty zen about the whole thing. If I took anything away from the low-key nature of last night's press room, it's that I shouldn't be afraid to approach a Canadian celebrity when I have the chance. In fact, as I left the CBC building, my heart got all aflutter at a vision of Priestley walking in my direction. "Should I ask him for a photo?! I have to!"

Turns out it was just another scruffy, good-looking Canadian man. So I didn't stop him for a photo. That might've been weird for the guy.

Gemini Award-winning talent that did grace the press room for photos, in addition to Keleghan, includes Rick Mercer, Tracy Dawson, Callum Keith Rennie, Michelle Thrush, plus performers Deborah Cox, Jim Cuddy and host Russell Peters.

Take a flip through my snaps, above.