Nine quotes from the #GeminiAwards press room

Call Me Fitz star Tracy Dawson in the Gemini Awards press room.

Since I was in the Gemini Awards press room last night and you weren't, I thought I'd bring you a collection of sound bites from the award-winning talent who participated in Q&As.

TRACY DAWSON, Call Me Fitz, on whether the show's ever gone too far:
"There's been times where I've read something, and I think I like things to go pretty far, and I've read something and I've gone 'Whoa! I cant' believe it.' And then I'm like 'I love it!' I mean, if TMN and HBO Canada are into it ... Everybody's fair game. It's all equal in terms of who you're going to attack, make fun of, poop on. So let's just make it a free-for-all."

PETER KELEGHAN, 18 to Life, on the show's cancellation
"It's not the icing on the cake to win this, I think this might be the dirt on the coffin or something. It's over, it's done. I'm glad some part of it was celebrated. I had the greatest time with the greatest people."

CALLUM KEITH RENNIE, Shattered, on a tendency to play dark characters
"I think that's how I'm perceived rather than how I am, but that's nice for me."

RICK MERCER:
"We never talk about mayors [on The Rick Mercer Report], but it's going to be very tempting not to this year."

MICHELLE THRUSH, Blackstone, on the significance of the show:
"It's honest. It's real. It's the stories from our own people, our own communities. It's about time that we as Aboriginal people were able to tell our own stories from our own points of view and not having other people telling our stories."

SHEILA HOCKIN, producer, The Borgias, on the appeal of a period drama:
"I think there's a large audience that have a huge interest for large-scale historical programming. And I think that there's some times in our history when we're not so interested in looking at today, we want to look at yesterday or several centuries ago. And I think a lot of people, myself included, they just love learning about those times and they love the cosutmes and the pageantry, it's almost a fantasy in a way. It's a historical fantasty, it takes you out of contemproary life."

PETER KELEGHAN, 18 to Life:
"Hands up, how many people have seen the show? [Observes hands up] That's not bad, it's Canadian. How many people can tell me about Snooki's character?"

TRACY DAWSON, Call Me Fitz, on getting the part:
"I started off as a writer on this show. And I was in the writers' room, and I had acted for 15 years, and I was moving away from acting and into writing. And one of the writers on the show said 'Tracy should play this role,' and I thought it would never happen. And lo and behold, after many auditions and rewriting the character to be more my age, it happened. And I can't even believe that I got the part and... and I started off in the writers' room and that everybody took a chance on me, it's really great."

MICHELLE THRUSH, Blackstone, on finding the lighter side of the drama:
"The cool thing about my character is she is also very funny, and laughter is what has kept our culture alive and thriving. The laughter and the happiness, it's not all about the darkness, it's about the survival."