On the cover: Elizabeth Olsen for Nylon


Elizabeth Olsen takes the October 2011 cover of Nylon.

I'm not sure when the 22-year-old actress became a person who walks red carpets and gets magazine covers, but I like her style. (Though I'll admit, I like her Nylon Korea cover photo much better).

Growing up with famous sisters who love pizza, Elizabeth tells the mag her dad instilled a solid work ethic in her, so she doesn't have to rely on no man.

“I have to attribute the way I have always looked at [work] to my father, because he was a really good influence on us," she says.

"It was always very important to him that his daughters be financially independent. He wanted us to know that we could take care of ourselves, because he never liked the idea of us needing a man. And witnessing how my sisters can take care of themselves financially was a great model to have. I consider myself lucky to have such a normal family.”

More photos inside.