Summer Fun List #47: Cousin Time!


After a hectic couple weeks, I was delighted to take some time this weekend and cross #47 off my Summer Fun List: Cousin Time!

Saturday night my brothers and I headed to our aunt and uncle's house in Caledon for a party to send off my cousin Nick, who's soon moving to Halifax.

As you can imagine, food and drinks were consumed, and laughs were had, as the family caught up out in the backyard.

We did a fair amount of reminiscing of summers past, sharing camping stories from our youth.

My grandma, meanwhile, went on a roll of hilarious tale-telling, one of which involved the neighbours getting into questionable shenanigans in her backyard rhubarb patch.

Once the sun set, my uncle got a great fire blazing in the back fire pit, which extended the fun into the night.

As hours passed, guests dwindled, and some dozed off.

A select few enjoyed each other's company until 5 in the morning, when we could tell the sun was starting beginning to rise, and the birds began to chirp.

Taking that as a cue, we decided to head to sleep. And even though our late night made for a groggy Sunday, it sure was worth it to spend quality time with the family.