On the cover: Shia LaBeouf for Details


Shia The Beef brings his bad self to the August 2011 cover of Details.

The 25-year-old actor has another Transformers movie coming out this summer.

And while I'd love to love The Beef, Shia sure does a great job at coming off pompous and douchesque in interviews.

To his credit, at least he realizes it.

“I would like to be George Clooney– diplomatic,” he tells the mag. “I just don’t have the wherewithal yet or the inner serenity. My bullshit meter is tuned very sensitive. The minute it starts kicking up, I get back to truth, and sometimes that involves, you know, ‘I don’t want to take a picture.’ And if that’s the case, am I an asshole for being honest? Or am I an asshole for being dishonest, smiling in your picture and I fucking hate being there? Which one is worse? These are the questions I ask myself that George Clooney doesn’t ask.”

The Beef goes on to discuss romantic escapades with Hilary Duff , Isabel Lucas and Carey Mulligan. As for Transformers costar Megan Fox, he admits to hooking up with her, but won't confirm or deny whether or not she was dating Brian Austin Green at the time.

“Look, you’re on the set for six months, with someone who’s rooting to be attracted to you, and you’re rooting to be attracted to them,” he explains. “I never understood the separation of work and life in that situation. But the time I spent with Megan was our own thing, and I think you can see the chemistry onscreen.”

For more of this little rascal, click over here, and ch-check out his full Details shoot after the cut.