Sighting! (And Sighting! And Sighting! And Sighting!)


by Renee

Rather than heading to Montreal like Chris over the long weekend I packed my bags and drove towards the city lights. I stayed in Hoboken, NJ because I was in town for a family gathering but I was able to spend a whole day and one evening in the NYC. And OH what a time I had.

Some people go to the city expecting to see celebrities at every corner and are disappointed when they find out that spotting one isn't as easy as they thought...well I'm here to say that sometimes it is.

The first sighting was Stephen Baldwin on 46th. He was leaving his car at (what we call) the vending machine parking lot. I had to hold myself back from yelling "VIVA LOS BIO-DOME" because I figured he may not be impressed that mind automatically links him to Pauly Shore (confession: I love and quote Bio-Dome way too much).

Later that night after seeing Norbert Butz (The Good Wife) and Aaron Tveit (Gossip Girl) in Catch Me If You Can, Conor and I walked over to the stage door of How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying to see the pandemonium surrounding Daniel Radcliffe (Because I'm a huge Harry Potter fan).

On our way there we walked by NPH, yes Neil ... wait for it ... Patrick Harris! Dooogie Howser/Barney Stinson himself! It was a brief encounter but quite enjoyable.


While waiting to see Harry Potter, I mean Daniel Radcliffe, we overheard from people who saw How to Succeed... that NPH was at that night's showing. NPH tweeted the next day that he went to the matinee showing of Catch Me If You Can (missed him by a day!). I think he's getting ready for the Tony Awards, which he will be hosting on June 12th.

You would think that that was enough, well think again.

The following night we went to Greenwich for dinner at Benny's Burritos (a cheap and delicious Mexican restaurant). We heard that the finale of Celebrity Apprentice was being filmed at NYU so we walked over after dinner. We got there just in time and were right by the exit where all the celebrity contestants exited.


The highlights of that night are:

- Shaking hands with Latoya Jackon & Marlee Matlin;
- Singing a Meat Loaf song to Meat Loaf ("I will do anything for love")
- My friend telling Star Jones that she loves her and hates Nene and then telling Nene that she loves her and hates Star Jones.
- Everyone yelling "WHAT!?" and "YA" to Lil John
- The Donald. Turns out when you start yelling stuff about the Presidential Race you really get his attention.


I always have a great time in NYC, even when I don't see any celebs but let's face it, seeing all of them in one weekend was pretty awesome.