On the cover: Ryan Reynolds for Details


Ryan Reynolds takes a squat on the June/July cover of Details Magazine.

I can't say squatting is the sexiest position for a man to take, but Ryan's still pretty in the face so I'll overlook it. Also, I like his shoes.

In the mag, Ryan's friend and The Proposal costar Sandra Bullock says the Vancouver-born actor hasn't forgotten his roots.

“He constantly talks of the healing powers of maple syrup," she says. "I don’t know if that’s a Canadian trait, but it’s always uncomfortable when it comes up.”

“I love Canada,” Reynolds says when told about Bullock’s view of his nationality. “It makes a nice hat for America. When America runs out of water, it’s the first place I’ll go. I gotta go home. I haven’t been there in a long, long time.”

I'd say Canada holds a lot more value than being America's hat, but hey, at least he may visit for a drink of water one day.

Reynolds has two movies being released this summer: Green Lantern on June 17, and The Change-Up, a comedy costarring Jason Bateman, out August 5.

For Ryan's full Details cover story, click here, and ch-check out more photos by Matthias Vriens-McGrath after the cut.