On the cover: Adele for Q


Adele takes the cover of the 300th issue of Q, for a story in which she describes her strategy for staying true to herself.

The 23-year-old British songstress says she refuses to license her songs for commercial advertisements and tries to avoid media overexposure.

She also says she refuses to headline festivals or play arenas.

"I will not do festivals. The thought of an audience that big frightens the life out of me. I don't think the music would work either. It's all too slow," she says. "We had three nights on hold at [British arena] The O2 and I was like 'I wont play a festival. You think I'm gonna play a fackin' arena? Are you out of your mind?'"

"I'd rather play 12 years at the Barfly [small venue for indie bands] than one night at The O2! So I've made all those decisions and some people are pretty mortified. They think I'm mad."

I totes love Adele for knowing who she is and refusing to compromise.

I do hope, however, she spends more than one night in Toronto on her next tour. Tickets to her show earlier this month sold out in a hot second, and it hurt my heart to watch video footage of the show afterward.